If Biscuits could get married to Cheeza Pleeza then there would definitely be wedding bells.
One way to give ordinary biscuits a serious upgrade is to add your favorite Cheeza Pleeza in the biscuit dough before baking. Five Star Savory is great for breakfast and Hatch Green Chili is perfect to serve with dinner, chili, and soups. This is a simple recipe that the younger chefs in the family can help with. You can make your biscuits from scratch or use a refrigerated brand.
It works for any meal with biscuits or just yummy snacks. It works with both canned or made from scratch biscuits. You can use any of the flavors that your family enjoys and add in bacon, pepperoni, peppers and more.
- Take one can of prepared refrigerator biscuits. (I like the large size for this recipe.)
- Pre-heat the oven according to the instructions on the can or recipe.
- Open the can and separate the individual biscuits.
- Take one cup of Cheeza Pleeza and stir it up in a bowl to soften it to help with spreading it.
- You can put the cheese inside by either cutting them in half, rolling them out.
-Cut the biscuit in half and then spread 1-2 tablespoons of cheese spread on the top of one half then place the other half on top of it.
-For the Rolled Biscuit, take the dough from one biscuit and roll it or stretch out the dough about double the size. Place 1-2 tablespoons of cheese on one side of the biscuit then roll it up with the cheese on the inside.
- Place biscuits (w/Cheeza Pleeza) on a baking sheet about 1-2 inches apart depending on the brand.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes and when pulling from the oven let them cool a few minutes before serving.
- Of course if you don’t have time to insert Cheeza before you bake your biscuits then just put the container on the table and folks can add their own Cheeza. I will have another post to show you how it looks.