Cheese Pleeza Breakfast Bagel.
This is a classic Breakfast Sandwich but easier. This is served cold and is perfect for a hot summer breakfast on the patio or brunch for out of town guests. Best part about it is you don’t have to turn the stove on. You can make the poached eggs and even bacon ahead of time so all you have to do is cut and assemble. There are dozens of ways to make this fun and delicious. Try different types of bread, rolls and veggies. Using last night’s spinach or sautéed mushrooms gives this sandwich an omelet flavor.
Here’s what to do.
- Cut Bagels in half and decide if you want to toast them or not.
- Spread 2-3 T of any Cheese Pleeza spread on one half. (I like Five Star for breakfast sandwiches because often the younger munchkins will want me to share my sandwich with them. Kids like the milder Cheeza Pleeza flavors. For a hearty weekend brunch sandwich I like the Hatch Green Chili Savory with bacon and stronger coffee blend.)
- Slice your poached egg and place it on top of the cheese.
- Place arugula, spinach, sprouts, micro greens or bacon on top and eat.
- If you prefer a hot breakfast bagel then use a fried or scrambled egg and add bacon or other toppings.