Nothing tastes better than hot blueberry pancakes with melted butter floating in a pool of maple syrup. Blueberry Maple Toast Topper combines the happy flavor of organic blueberrys with Vermont maple syrup for a creamy sweet cheeza that is wonderful for bagels, toast, muffins, or pancakes. Or it can be used as fruit dip or a compliment for a charcuterie platter.
This flavor is dedicated to my grandfather who loved to take his grandchildren to the summertime pancake breakfasts sponsored by the Whitefield, New Hampshire Rotary club. Oh how we loved those summer time breakfasts on the town square.
As kids we were allowed to eat as many fresh blueberry pancakes as we wanted. No one really monitored how many or how much syrup we used. But, I do recall that none of us wanted much lunch on those Saturdays and we often willingly took a nap.
The tart flavor of blueberries with the buttery flavor of maple syrup always reminds me of the too short summer days and adventures with our Pop-pop in the lovely mountains of New England.
How to use Blueberry Maple Sweet Cheeza
- Top any breakfast bread – toast, bagel, English muffin, blueberry muffins, biscuits, croissants, scones, etc.
- Put it on hot pancakes, waffles, crepes so that it melts and forms a sweet buttery topping.
- Serve with fruit as a dipping sauce.
- Serve with cookies (we like the butter-sugar cookies) to dip with.
- Put a tablespoon on top of cut fruit.
- Put as an icing before serving angel food cake, pound or bundt cakes.
- For Entertaining – Use it on a cheese tray or charcuterie platter.
- For one bite dessert, take a spoonful and savor it.